In the name of God, Most Compassionate, Merciful. All praise and thanks belong to God, Lord of the Worlds. May peace and prayers be upon Prophet Muhammad.
Please join CAIR Georgia on February 24th, 2018, for our second annual fundraising banquet!
Our special guest speakers will include national activist Linda Sarsour, civil rights attorney Hassan Shibly, and Roula Allouch, the chairwoman of CAIR National's board of directors, God willing.
During the banquet, we hope to celebrate what CAIR Georgia accomplished in 2017, raise enough funds to sustain our civil rights work in 2018, and recognize Georgians who made positive contributions to our community over the past year.
Here's what CAIR Georgia accomplished, by the grace of God, in 2017:
- Served Georgia Muslims by delivering free educational presentations, including Know Your Rights seminars, Islamic Last Will & Testament workshops, Self-Defense seminars, and lectures to college students across the state.
- Protected Georgia Muslims by investigating anti-Muslim discrimination, building coalitions with other civil rights groups, and countering Islamophobia in both the court of law and the court of public opinion.
- Advocated for Georgia Muslims by interviewing all of Atlanta's major mayoral candidates, lobbying on Capitol Hill in DC, delivering Islam 101 presentations across Georgia, and interacting with local and national media outlets, including CNN.
- United Georgia Muslims to host a march in response to the ethnic cleansing of Rohyingya Muslims, a food drive in response to an anti-Sharia hate rally at Piedmont Park, and a protest in response to restrictions on religious freedom in Jerusalem.
- Established a full-time office location in the heart of downtown Atlanta, and built a dedicated staff, including our executive director, a second civil rights attorney, a paralegal, and a communications director.
Here's how you can help us continue to serve, protect, and advocate for Georgia Muslims:
- Buy a Ticket: event tickets cost $50 per adult, which covers a three-course halal meal.
- Sponsor a Table: your mosque, business or organization can sponsor a table for $500. Let us know by Feb. 10th if you do not plan to use all of the seats at your table so that we can make them available to other guests.
- Spread the Word: share the ticket link with your family and friends!
We plan to host this special dinner starting at 6:00 pm at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia, on Saturday, February 24th, 2018. Join us to support CAIR Georgia, the only Muslim civil rights organization dedicated to fighting anti-Muslim discrimination in Georgia.