Henry County Islamic Center was established May 24, 2016 with the state of Georgia in order to establish a masjid and community center with strong community involvement. Al-hamdilillah through the generous support of our community locally and in other states we have been able to accomplish a lot in a short period of time. We have purchased a property with 6,400 s.f. in Stockbridge, GA with private parking. We have space for youth activities and classrooms. Our first service, is scheduled for November 18, 2016 (IA). We hope to continue to grow our membership through a strong service model. The aims and purpose is to advance the cause of islam and serve the muslims in Henry county and surrounding areas to enable them to adopt islam as a complete way of life.
Towards that end, it shall:
1. Arrange and hold congregational prayers and Islamic religous festivals
2. Promote unity and cooperation among muslims
3. Provide islamic services and develop institutions to meet the needs of muslims
4. Endeavor to make islamic teachings known to interested nonmuslims
5. Conduct religoius, educational, social, cultural, and other activities in the best traditions of islam
6. Promote better relations between muslims and nonmuslims
7. Involve the members in the operations and plans of the center
8. Establish a Sunday school for children 5 and up
9. The center will maintain a place of worship (masjid).
Jumua'ah prayer weekly at 1:45pm